Inspect aircraft and components for discrepancies. Inspect and evaluate work performed by mechanics, sheet metal mechanics, and avionics technicians to ensure the proper rework of discrepancies. Experience with NDT testing preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review the scope and detail of inspection requirements and inspect aircraft and components by obtaining and interpreting work cards. Complete an NDT and/or visual inspection, as applicable, of aircraft areas opened by mechanics, including by not limited to fuel tanks, empennage, cargo areas, under floor areas, fuselage skin, engines, pylons, wings, flight control surfaces, flight decks, and landing gear.
· Identify non-routine work on aircraft systems, including but not limited to engine performance,
pneumatic/hydraulics, pressurization, air conditioning, electrical, fuel and flight controls. Identify the
location of discrepancies by using fuselage body stations and butt lines.
· Interpret and ensure compliance with all maintenance manual instructions, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, and fleet campaign directives.
· Ensure that safety procedures are followed and potential damage to company property is minimized by overseeing aircraft handling activities, including but not limited to jacking, fueling, defueling, and towing.
· Perform a receiving inspection for new and continued service parts to ensure serviceability, including but not limited to verifying certification from the manufacturer or overhaul facility, and inspecting for shipping damage. Maintaining control and inventory for the QC Bond quarantine cage, including submitting reports of Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUPs) to the Director of Quality Control.
· Conduct a weight and balance analysis by using approved maintenance manuals and scales.
· Ensure completion of logbook entries and release the aircraft as airworthy for test flight or flight operation checks.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable FAA regulations during the course of day to day assignments.
· Perform NDT, visual and dimensional inspections of articles, and determine serviceability and/or repair requirements by obtaining, reviewing, and interpreting inspections requirements.
· Ensure proper rework of discrepancies by inspecting and evaluating work performed by shop mechanics / technicians.
· Ensure completion of maintenance entries and work records for all articles inspected.
· Accomplish daily, monthly and quarterly performance checks of Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle inspection systems.
· Read, interpret and setup the applicable NDT equipment IAW the instructions provided in the appropriate NDT manual or other document.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Inspection Supervisor or Senior Inspector.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum qualifications to qualify for an Inspector / NDT position are as follows:
1. Hold and airframe and powerplant certificate.
2. Have at least 2 years of experience maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by Kalitta Air.
3. Prefer 2 years experience performing NDT on heavy transport category aircraft.
4. Prefer Level II in the methods of UT, ET, MT, PT & RT but not limited to. (If not previously qualified in the
NDT methods, you must be willing to be trained, study and pass the required testing to qualify for
certification in 5 NDT methods, IAW the Kalitta Air NDT Manual and recurrently every 5 years.
5. Ability to pass a vision exam to Jaeger 2 and a color blindness test.
6. Must have adequate documented training to substantiate qualifications.
7. Must be willing to travel, work any shift and days off.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable. Must have at least 2 years of experience maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by Kalitta Air. Must possess exceptional attention to detail.
Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to convert between different units of measure. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb/descend stairs, and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Working were the aircraft is located either inside the hangar or outside on the ramp. Occasional radiation exposure within the limits of State of Michigan Ionization Radiation Rules. Subjected to occasionally low – high noise levels.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Kalitta Air LLCOscoda, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.