At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Assist the physicians/providers with the examination and treatment of patients and perform routine tasks required to ensure the clinic runs smoothly; participate in the planning and evaluation of patient care. Services pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
1. Performs general nursing duties and specialty procedures. Develops, implements and revises individualized, goal directed nursing care to patients through the use of the nursing process as appropriate to licensure, State guidelines, clinic policies/procedures.
2. Demonstrates an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workloads and patient conditions by: remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, and asking for assistance when appropriate.
3. Transcribes and implements physician orders and treatments both verbal and written accurately and efficiently as noted by chart reviews and observation. Consistently problem solves issues affecting patient care.
4. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures. Strictly adheres to policies and procedures, and washes hands before and after each patient encounter. Cleans, packages, sterilizes, and maintains ample supply of sterilized instruments and supplies for procedures. Thoroughly cleans exam rooms, counter, and table tops, per clinic policy. Collects, packages, and accurately labels all specimens immediately upon receipt; forwards to designated lab(s) according to established protocols.
5. Clinical Staff of Physician clinics have clerical responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
a. Greets patients and escorts them to the exam/procedure rooms.
b. Triages patient telephone calls and provides education.
c. Makes appointments for patients with specialists; schedules hospital admissions, outside ancillary tests and procedures as directed.
d. Assists clerical staff in all clinically/medically related phone calls.
e. Retrieves prescription calls off voice mail at least three times a day or as scheduled by supervisor and responds according to office protocol.
f. Records services rendered on fee tickets and checks for accuracy.
g. Assist in pulling charts, filing, telephone answering, and other duties needed to provide better customer service.
1. Current Montana RN license required.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current Healthcare Provider CPR required.
4. Minimum two years’ experience in similar position within a medical setting (physician office, clinic, or hospital).
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.