At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
To provide the professional knowledge and skills related to the Practice of Pharmacy to assure that the patients of the hospital receive ultimate quality and safety in drug therapy. Advise and consult with patients, families, physicians, hospital staff and community members as the need arises.
1. *Provides prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals in a professional manner.
2. *Completes order entry and verification accurately, efficiently and is able to confidently intervene as needed.
3. *Completes all clinical tasks including medication reconciliation. This process involves multi-tasking and the ability to triage tasks.
4. *Supervises the pharmacy technicians to ensure their hours are productive and the quality of the work they complete is high.
5. *Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing outstanding pharmacy service for patients, physicians, nursing staff and all other departments requiring pharmacy services.
6. *Maintains competency with all computer systems end equipment, and maintains a willingness to learn new systems.
7. *Maintains pharmacy knowledge through continuing education and applies new principles to current practice as needed.
8. *Demonstrates cost containment in the department thru the use of therapeutic interchange policy and IV to PO conversions.
9. *Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to job duties including, but not limited to; HIPPA, and all institutional policies and procedures.
10. *Maintains a positive attitude in order to work well with all co-workers and continually improve pharmacy services.
1. Graduate from an accredited college of pharmacy required.
2. Must have and maintain a Montana pharmacy license.
3. Healthcare Provider CPR certifiction required.
4. Prior computer experience preferred (Meditech, Pyxis, QS/1).
5. Prior hospital experience preferred.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
7. Ability to make independent judgments under stressful situations at times. Must work in a planned manner without direct supervision.
8. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.