At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients on the medical and surgical unit during assigned shift. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s policies, and procedures.
- *Exhibits a commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others. Performs all duties as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders and/or regulatory requirements.
- *Exhibits knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
- *Operates and maintains equipment to departmental standards.
- *Maintains nursing standards of care, and executes appropriate physician orders.
- *While executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
- *Performs a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
- *Administers medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients.
- *Performs reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy.
- *Communicates all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner.
- *Documents all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart.
- *Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in required yearly unit competencies and educational requirements as defined by the Medical and Surgical Unit department leadership.
- *Exhibits knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources. Complies with and maintains regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards.
- Current Montana RN License.
- BSN degree preferred.
- Current BLS HCP required.
- Minimum of one year previous Medical/Surgical experience preferred.
- National Certification in Med/Surg preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.