- Posted: over a month ago
The Graphic Designer aids in the development of creative and applicable design solutions appropriate to each project assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES1. Design Solutions
- Works collaboratively with others to optimize design solutions
- Assists in generation of inventive, fresh ideas expressed through hand and digital sketching using latest technologies, while providing aesthetic solutions that meet project requirements (i.e. wireframe, visual design, brand language, form factor, etc.)
- Brainstorms ideas and adjusts/incorporates changes in design based on feedback
- Collaborates on development of design solution proposals that are true to requirements and design theme using Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign, etc.
- Clearly articulate design approach and rationale behind proposed design solutions
- Assists on presentation of designs concepts and prototypes to internal and client stakeholders for review
- Participates in project research and brainstorming activities
- Attends meetings with clients
- Observes and understands user research inputs
- Understands design application behaviors and task flows that empower users
- Participates in usability tests in order to discover design requirements and validate design concepts
- Manage own deliverables and timing
- Takes initiative and ownership of assigned work from inception to delivery; keeping important parties abreast of progress, challenges and opportunities along the way
- Serves as ambassador for company by representing and promoting capabilities, offerings
- Knows what it takes to get things done, pushes projects forward accordingly
- Operates in a customer-centric and friendly manner
- Operates with attention to detail
- Remains current with technologies, trends, brands, competitors, etc.
- Strives to be active ambassador of the company; representing and promoting capabilities, offerings
- Problem solves and story-tells with visual communications and articulated descriptions
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion (or near completion) of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related fields
- 0-2 years of professional experience in creative design/digital design development
- Knowledge of latest digital tools, including Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to provide fresh, clever and unexpected solutions (think out of the box), Surprise and Delight
- Strong aesthetic sensitivity with a discernment of good/bad visual design (print, digital, interactive, etc.)
- Effectively communicates design intent by a variety of means at a high level of professionalism
- Entry-level ability to quickly synthesize inputs and drive towards appropriate solutions
- Entry-level ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames
- Entry-level ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Critical thinker demonstrated by clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, significance, logic, and fairness.
- Ability to reach appropriate/actionable solutions
- Writes and prepares documents/reports/correspondence in a concise, logical, grammatically appropriate format
- Excellent oral communication skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor
- Stays focused and committed to a task
- Takes direction from others and accepts feedback while being adaptable and flexible
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and clients as demonstrated by finding common ground in completing tasks and solving problems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Tools and Equipment Used
- Computer with design specific software, copier, phone, and other typical office equipment
- Light to Moderate: up to 10% of the time
Physical & Mental Demands
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Kaleidoscope
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?