Date Posted: 09/23/2020
Category: Direct Care Services
Education: HS Graduate/GED
Come create a colorful difference with Kaleidoscope Family Solutions (KFS)!
We are looking for dedicated and committed Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who are striving to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve in the Wilmington, DE area.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is to assist individuals acquire and maintain skills to improve their daily-living, domestic, adaptive, and socialization skills. Responsibilities will vary from case to case but may include:
* Caring for personal care needs of the individual, including activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene
*Assistance with instrumental activities of daily living skills such as chores, meal preparation, and light housekeeping
* Engage in activities with the individuals to allow them to live in the community, to live more independently, or to be more productive and participatory in community life
* Supporting individuals to learn, maintain or improve skills through their participation in a variety of daily life activities
* Submit accurate and complete daily progress notes for each shift worked with individual
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
* Must be compassionate and willing to care for the well-being of others
* Minimal of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
* Willing to comply with required policies, standards and regulations
* Must have a valid driver's license and existing insurance
* Must be willing to complete given background checks
* Must be willing to drive individuals in personal car throughout the community
* Must have flexible availability
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Paid on a weekly basis
* Flexible work hours, create your own schedule
* Personal and professional fulfillment in an impactful role
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. provides community and home based services to persons with mental health conditions, developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our team partners with family members and existing providers to create individualized goals allowing the team to help improve their life experiences.
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions is an EEO Employer
Title: Personal Asssistance
Class: Direct Care Support
Work Type: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR 1099
Ref. No.: 1205367-41
Company: Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc.
Contract Contact: DE Careers
Office Email: DE@kfamilysolutions.org
Office Phone: 302-241-0697
Office Address: 32 W. Loockerman Street, Suite 108, Dover, DE 19904
Each Kaleidoscope Family Solutions (KFS) office is separately incorporated. Registering on the Kaleidoscope web portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal Kaleidoscope (KFS) entity. Professionals contracting through KFS are classified and compensated as self-employed independent contractors.
Please check us out on Facebook: at www.facebook.com/kfscares
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions IncKaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. (KFS) is a privately owned, Medicaid-approved agency. We have been providing quality services to individuals with disabilities since 2004. Since our inception, KFS has focused on in-home and in-community services that promote the healthy development of children, adults and families through one-on-one behavioral, educational, and daily-living supports. Please check us out on Facebook: at www.facebook.com/kfscares