Date Posted: 07/02/2020
Category: Direct Care Services
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Come create a colorful difference with Kaleidoscope Family Solutions (KFS)!
We are seeking dedicated and committed Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who will strive to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve in the New Castle county area.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is to provide the individuals with one-on-one Community Participation Supports to acquire and maintain skills and integrate into their community. They will support this by working on improving their daily-living skills, communication skills and socialization skills. Responsibilities will vary from case to case but may include:
* Supporting individuals to learn, maintain or improve skills through their participation in a variety of daily life activities
* Engage in activities with the Individuals that allows them to engage in their community more independently, or to be more productive and participatory in community life
* Help the individual develop natural supports in order to fade out the CPS services
* Complete and submit accurate daily progress notes for each shift worked with Individual
* Maintain training requirements through DDDS
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Must be compassionate and willing to care for the well-being of others
* Must have a minimum of 6 months experience, listed on your resume, working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
* Willing to comply with required policies, standards, and regulations
* Must have a valid Driver's License and existing insurance
* Must be willing to complete and satisfy given background checks
* Must be willing to drive Individuals in personal car throughout the community
* Must have flexible availability
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Learn more about current opportunities in your area, via a scheduled video meeting with a Recruiter from our team.
* Establish a relationship with one of the nation's largest referral agencies for behavioral-health.
* Payments processed weekly.
* Increase or decrease your schedule at your discretion: choose opportunities that best fit your schedule.
* Ability to grow professionally.
* Access to a broad array of client opportunities.
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. provides community and home based services to persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our team partners with family members and existing providers to create individualized goals allowing the team to help improve their life experiences.
Title: Direct Support Professional- IDD
Work Type: INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR 1099
Ref. No.: 1214600-2
Company: Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc.
Contract Contact: DE Careers
Office Email: DE@kfamilysolutions.org
Office Phone: 302-241-0697
Office Address: 32 W. Loockerman Street, Suite 108, Dover, DE 19904
Each Kaleidoscope Family Solutions (KFS) office is separately incorporated. Registering on the Kaleidoscope web portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal Kaleidoscope (KFS) entity. Professionals contracting through KFS are classified and compensated as self-employed independent contractors.
Please check us out on Facebook: at www.facebook.com/kfscares
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions IncKaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. (KFS) is a privately owned, Medicaid-approved agency. We have been providing quality services to individuals with disabilities since 2004. Since our inception, KFS has focused on in-home and in-community services that promote the healthy development of children, adults and families through one-on-one behavioral, educational, and daily-living supports. Please check us out on Facebook: at www.facebook.com/kfscares