Human Resources Generalist
Kaleafa Inc. Oregon City, OR
- Expired: September 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kaleafa is a fast-growing cannabis retailer operating in Oregon and Washington. We are comprised of ten retail stores, a wholesale distribution facility and a cultivation site. We opened our first store in 2014 as a family owned and operated medical dispensary and since then weve grown to be one of the largest cannabis retailers in Oregon. We are a family-first oriented company and are looking for dedicated, smart, adaptable individuals to join our team. The industry we operate in is incredibly exciting and we are looking for an individual who is up to the challenge and is creative in their ability to problem solve.
The HR Generalist will be a central member of a small and dynamic human resources team. The ideal candidate will be an organized, passionate and self motivated leader with a three to six years in human resources management. Resilience and strong communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will be able to comfortably communicate through email and in person, as this role will be working with multiple departments and in multiple work environments. The HR Generalist will be responsible for championing Kaleafa culture and values and executing HR related trainings, creating and maintaining company policy documents, upholding OSHA requirements, as well as coordinating with business unit leader in recruiting and staffing of their departments.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations for staff and management.
* Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
* Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks, or performance evaluation forms.
* Develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
* Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
* Review employment applications to match applicants with job requirements.
* Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, and promotion opportunities.
* Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
* Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
* Facilitate and conduct training on illegal harassment, DE&I, safety and security, and OSHA best practices.
* Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
* Sit on the safety committee as a representative of management.
* OLCC Compliance
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree in HR or business administration preferred
* HR certification or certificate preferred
* 3-6 years of experience in human resources preferred
* 2-4 years of training public speaking or teaching experience preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
* Business proficient computer software skills
* OLCC worker permit required
* Great company culture
* Flexible work location
* Medical, dental & vision
* 401k with up to 4% match
* Life insurance (Basis & AD&D)
* Long term disability
* Paid time off (Vacation, sick & public holidays)
* Stock options after one year
AddressOregon City, OR
BusinessView all jobs at Kaleafa Inc.