Pharmacy Technician Clinic Liaison
- Per Diem
Kalamazoo Long Term Care Pharmacy is looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician that is looking for a per diem position and is willing to travel! We are looking for a back-up Pharmacy Technician Liaison for our clinical partners located in Mt. Pleasant, Benton Harbor, Newaygo, Saginaw and Fort Gratiot. Mileage, travel time and lodging accommodations if needed are paid!
This position will work as coverage for vacations, medical leave and as additional support if needed.
The PACE Liaison Technician works closely and effectively with Pharmacists, Primary Care Providers, Nurses, other PACE staff, and participants to ensure the Clinic's smooth operation regarding medications. The Technician provides assistance with medication setup, medication delivery, medication change notifications, and record keeping. The Technician completes Pharmacy Technician duties assigned by KLTC management while working in the clinic. The Technician represents KLTC on a daily basis and builds trust and strong relationships between the Pharmacy and PACE program.
Job Responsibilities: The PACE Liaison Technician will:
- Pack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affixes labels.
- Review the list of participants who receive weekly medications at PACE and set up medications for pick-up each day.
- Establish or maintain participant profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual participants.
- Create a log of medications that will be sent home each day. Work with PACE staff and participants to ensure medications get to the proper participant on time.
- Check for any packs that were scheduled to go out but did not go home with participants and ensure these medications are delivered on time.
- Assists PACE staff with ordering medication wheels from vendors.
- Assists PACE staff in programming med wheels with correct times of day and correct alarm times.
- Check the med wheel calendar to make sure wheels are filled and ready for checking by the pharmacist, at least 1 week prior to the day the wheel starts.
- Review daily orders to determine the most efficient method of medication delivery.
- Receive the daily delivery of medications from KLTC Pharmacy.
- Package medications that are to go home with participants and add them to the daily log.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices,
- Store medications that are given by nurses and ensure the Nurses sign for these medications.
- Maintain refrigerator temperature log.
- Pull any expired medications from stock and dispose of them properly.
- Inform supervisor and/or KLTC Pharmacy of stock needs and shortages.
- Properly dispose of returned and/or expired medications and shred packaging and labels according to HIPAA standards.
- Send refill requests to Primary Care Providers via eHR system, for their approval.
- Communicate to appropriate KLTC staff any changes to participant data or records to keep pharmacy software accurate and up to date.
- Meet with participants who are considering joining PACE to perform medication reconciliation.
- Work with PACE staff to decide which participants require monitoring of medication pack adherence.
- Review returned medication packs from these participants, check for missed doses, and notify PACE staff of findings.
- Answer daily questions that are within the technician's scope of practice.
- Print out medication guidelines from Framework Link, as requested by PACE or by participants.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for medications.
- Disinfect pharmacy counters at the beginning and end of each day and sweep the pharmacy floor weekly.
- Professionally represent KLTC Pharmacy in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction.
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development, communication, and product knowledge training.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity while modeling behaviors consistent with company standards and policies for business and compliance-related manners.
- Respond well under stressful situations and be able to adapt to situations or challenges.
- Other duties as assigned by KLTC management.
Kalamazoo Long Term PharmacyMount Pleasant, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.