The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring rooms are maintained to set standards of cleanliness and are ready in a timely manner for guest accommodations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma required. One-year progressive housekeeping supervisory/management preferred. College courses in related field helpful.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and speak English. Bi-lingual skills are helpful but not required. Must have excellent communication skills, good customer relation skills and have great attention to detail.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience with properties (Hotels and Resorts) in excess of 500 rooms. Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to adapt to a broad range of customer interactions, inquiries, and complaints.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
1) Monitor and evaluate room attendant work performance on an on-going basis; praises and disciplines staff as appropriate.
2) Attends department meetings and communicates with staff.
3) Assist with training of room attendants.
4) Resolve guest complaints that will encourage repeat visits to the resort.
5) Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with all associates.
6) Handle "Lost and Found" items according to Resort standards.
7) Provide routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure everything is clean and in good repair.
8) Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
9) Ensure implementation of all Kalahari policies and resorts rules. Understand housekeeping terms, chemical and hazardous material handling, and sanitation/cleanliness standards.
10) Monitor and assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
11) Assist with VIP rooms when needed to ensure that cleanliness meets Resorts standards.
12) Monitor fixtures, furniture, supplies and general appearance of all areas to ensure that all is up to Resort standards
13) Document all incidents and accident reports in accordance with Resort policy.
14) Prepare and review daily housekeeping reports when needed.
15) Ensure at the end of the shift, all keys and assignment sheets are completed and accounted for.
16) Monitor the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
17) Monitor floor room attendant records for daily assignments to be completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office daily.
18) Monitor the cleanliness and orderliness of room attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
19) Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping department's supervision to the guest.
20) Report maintenance issues to Maintenance Techs, Housekeeping Manager, and/or Director of Housekeeping.
21) Assist with training programs, safety, and infection-control programs.
22) Inspect equipment for damage and perform minor repairs as appropriate.
23) Maintain all work areas and ensure Housekeeping equipment is free of safety violations.
24) Report any hazardous conditions or broken equipment immediately to the proper personnel.
25) Understand all duties of Room Attendants, Housepersons, and assist when needed.
26) Work with Front Office to monitor out-of order, out-of service, discrepant and show rooms.
27) Participate in Daily Promise meetings and trainings as required by management.
28) Perform other duties as requested from management.
29) Comply at all times with Kalahari standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.