Chief Technology Officer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture. Forget about dealing with strangers, renting cars, five flights of stairs, impossible doorways, and hours of assembly. Our team handles all the hassle, so you don't have to.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced - we've scaled companies and seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. We've been featured in top-tier publications, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue. We are funded by Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
About the Role
We are searching for a talented Chief Technology Officer to join our team. This individual will report directly to our CEO.
Our office is based in New York City in the Flatiron district, but we support a hybrid model where you can either work at our office or from home. We cannot consider candidates outside of the United States at this time.
What You'll Do
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be a key member of the executive leadership team and the driving force behind Kaiyo's technology platform and product offering. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead software development for the organization, including articulating and implementing a technology vision, setting standards, and developing an integrated technology strategy
- Help define the product technology roadmap ensuring industry-leading quality across all platforms
- Maintain an appropriate level of discipline, structure, process & maturity within the technology organization
- Manage, mentor, coach and grow the technical team with a focus on scale, efficiency, and accountability
- Engage with the customer base and ecosystem partners (channel partners and 3rd party integrated technology partners)
- Build relationships with peers, industry analysts, alliance partners, and other entities to establish the company as a thought leader in the industry
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Understand the organization's operations and communicate technical priorities/gaps from a business perspective
- Engage senior leadership across the organization to communicate the technology strategy and key initiatives
- Lead technology innovation, and act as a technology visionary, including digital business innovation strategy
- Collaborate and lead product owners and senior leadership on the direction of the data platform and products
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the product-market fit and be the ultimate evangelist for the lives, challenges, and goals of our customers
- Familiar with modern architectures, experience building APIs and complete solutions deployed in both legacy and open-source tech stacks
- Experience building high-performing technology teams that can deliver continuous deployment with low failure rates and quick ticket-to-resolution time frames
- Experience partnering with the executive leadership team and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated strength in building, optimizing, and running a technology organization with a strong aptitude around data, metrics, analytics, and BI
- Familiarity with data science, machine learning, and working with data scientists and data analysts
- Proven experience at the board level and/or working with board members and C-suite
- Proven experience innovating: bringing new products to market, building technology roadmaps for existing product entry into new markets and differentiating products in a competitive market
- Ability to listen, consider, and assimilate input from a wide range of constituents; solid influencing skills; capable of building consensus using the voice of our customers; a thought leader
- Ability to pivot while controlling chaos and providing structure to promote productivity
- Inspires and brings people together with a shared mission and vision
- Operationally intensive and a strong business partner
- Optimization across the organization is a core competency
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, writing, virtual, group presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Medical, dental (free), vision (free), life (free), and long-term disability (free) insurance are provided
- 401k with a 4% company match
- 25% off purchases on kaiyo.com
- Gym reimbursement
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, this position's annual base salary range is $300,000 - $400,000. Kaiyo considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, and market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Kaiyo
Get fresh Online CFO jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.