Kaiva Tech, LLC is seeking a Technical Writer in Washington DC.
Clearance: Active Secret clearance
Workplace Type: Hybrid schedule with one day in office (Washington D.C.). Please be aware that the workplace type allowed is approved by the client and is subject to change dependent on client needs and expectations.
Passport Services is looking for a Technical Writer to conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology in Federal acquisition documents. Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. Organize material and write descriptive copy according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Develop, write, and edit functional descriptions, specifications, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translate technical information to clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Organize material and write descriptive copy according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Develop, write, and edit functional descriptions, specifications, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Drafting technical documents and correspondence (BCL, white papers, IM, AM, SOP, procedural instructions)
- Editing technical documents and correspondence (including all those listed under 'drafting' to include budget justifications and narratives, strategic planning narratives, statistical reports)
- Editing and reviewing contract scopes/statements of work and QASP
- Assisting internal CA customers with drafting contract scopes of work
- Draft and publish the Contract Performance Management guide, revise annually (accountable and responsible for this)
- Notetaking and filing notes.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience gathering, analyzing, and composing technical information.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience writing, reviewing, and editing requirements and specifications for Federal contracts.
- Experience conducting research and ensuring use of proper technical terminology.
- Strong working knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and editing requirements and specifications for Federal contracts.
- Knowledge of Federal acquisition terms and concepts.
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective professional correspondence.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work independently to create, track, and report on plans to complete multiple documents on the project in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Knowledge of concepts pertaining to the international student and exchange visitor visa program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Ability to sit and work with a computer for prolonged periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Kaiva Corporation reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. Kaiva Corporation is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Kaiva TechWashington, DC
Get fresh Technical Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.