Lead Fleet Diesel Mechanic/Technician - Wisconsin
Kaiser Transport Lisle, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Kaiser Transport, Inc is seeking a hard-charging, highly motivated person for the position of Fleet Diesel Lead Technician. This is a night shift full-time position with responsibilities in preventive maintenance and general repairs. The Lead Technician is responsible for the nightly flow and training the Technicians. The Lead Technician reports to the Fleet Maintenance Manager.Kaiser Transport, Inc is a LTL step-deck, double-drop, trucking company (located in Milton, WI) that runs an OTR Peterbilt fleet, specializing in hauling machines and equipment. Kaiser Transport, Inc runs an elite fleet of 2019 or newer 389 Peterbilts and Reitnouer step-deck and double-drop trailers. This is a unique opportunity for the right applicant.
This position will perform the following:
- Train the entry level Technicians.
- Train the Drivers on inspections and minor mechanical repairs.
- Preventive maintenance of semi-trucks, trailers, automobiles, and forklifts
- Oil changes, APU services, Tire rotations, Air driers, Alignments, Annual DOT inspections
- General light repairs of semi-trucks, trailers, automobiles, and forklifts
- Brakes, Lights, Shocks, Batteries, Air lines, Air filters, etc.
- Heavy repairs of semi-trucks and trailers
- ECM downloads, Slack adjusters, S-cam tubes, Brake valves, Exhaust, Electrical issues, Aftermarket accessories, HVAC, etc.
- Minor body repairs of semi-truck and trailers
- Welding, Paint-less dent repair, Buffing, Half fenders, Bumpers, etc.
- Assist in setup of new equipment.
- Closing the shop.
- Completing job comments, parts, checklists on an electronic repair order system.
- Reviewing the repair orders from the mechanics and emailing them to the Drivers.
Key Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must have a valid driver license
- Certificate of Completion of an accredited program for Diesel Technology or 3 years of comparable work experience
- Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time
- Must understand theory of operation of Brake systems, Electrical, Engines, Transmissions, and Drivetrain components
- Speak and read English
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written direction from supervisor and/or co-workers
- Must have your own tools
- Must have adequate body balance to climb, bend, lift, crawl onto, over, and around equipment
- Must perform tasks in a safe manner compliant with OSHA
- Must be able to average to excellent hand, eye, and
- Must have experience with computers, computer programs, diagnostic trouble shooting tool, and typing
- Ability to learn and retain new service procedures from technology advancements
- Ability to work in a fast pace industry
- Ability to lift/carry up to 120 pounds
- Ability to push and pull from moderate to maximum effort
- Ability to bend at waist and to kneel while possibly lifting at the same time
Base pay range for the Fleet Diesel Lead Technician position is $16-$18/hr depending on experience/qualifications andoffers an additional$6-$8/hr discretionary performance pay. This is a non-exempt hourly position.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, paid Vacation, PTO, 401K, Profit Sharing, and more.
This is a 2nd shift full time position- start time will vary based on business need-Fleet Diesel Lead Technicianswork up to 60 hours per week.
Offers of employment contingent on background checks, a post-offer physical, pre-employment drug screen, hearing, and vision assessments.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro