***The State of Connecticutis an empty out zone, we are able to get the drivers home for scheduled time off with the truck.***
OTR Long Haul Open Deck Truck Driver
During these uncertain times, Kaiser is growing and thriving. Our Drivers are rolling and we're expanding to meet increased demand. Kaiser's unique business model and experienced operations team enable us to continue to offer our drivers consistent weekly pay miles!
We're looking for the best Coast-to-Coast Open Deck LTL Truck Drivers to join our dysfunctional family. Yup...we're a family, and sometimes we get along just like any big crazy family. If you're looking to be a part of something truly special where you'll be known by your name and not a truck number, we want you to join us!
Here's what you'd be signing up for...We haul large freight that you'll be loading, tarping and securing LTL style, so it isn't easy. However, you won't wait for loads. Your fuel card will stay on because we're financially stable. You'll have to use your brain, dry van dock bumpers need not apply. If you're ready for a challenge and have an old school mind set, please keep reading. If not, thank you for checking out our ad, we wish you the best.
Ok, still with us? Great! Now, here is the nitty gritty...
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- A competitive pay range of $75,000-$95,000/year
- Generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, passenger policy, pet policy, a 401(k) plan, monthly and quarterly performance bonuses, and annual profit sharing
- Industry-leading equipment
- 24/7 365 days a year driver support
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT
- 2018 or newer, 298 inch wheelbase 389 Peterbilt long nose tractors
- Cummins ISX15 525 horsepower engines
- 18 speed manual transmission
- APU's & refrigerators in every truck
- If that's not enough...when we order new trucks, our drivers pick the color they want!
THE LIFE AS A KAISER LONG HAUL DRIVER
Our open deck trailer space sharing business model creates exciting challenges because we don't haul easy freight. This model can make your job feel like "organized chaos". We're looking for drivers that enjoy this challenge as much as they enjoy being on the road.
Before you start driving you will train with our professionals to learn how we secure and tarp freight the Kaiser way. Orientation at our Wisconsin terminal takes about two weeks, we make sure you're 100% ready to hit the road before we release you for dispatch. Don't worry, we will take care of all your travel expenses to orientation.
You will coordinate customer deliveries and ensure that the freight arrives safely and on time. Drivers stay out 3-6 weeks based on home locations. You will be able to schedule your own home time.
- At least two years of long haul, coast-to-coast experience
- At least one year of experience with step deck, double drop, or flat-bed freight
- Experience building and executing successful trip plans
- Tarping and freight securement experience in all weather conditions
- Meet all the federal motor carrier's guidelines with no OWI's in the past 5 years
Do you have strong math, analytical, and problem-solving skills? Can you communicate effectively in English? Do you have a strong work ethic? Are you reliable? Do you love being on the road? If so, you may be perfect!
ABOUT KAISER TRANSPORT
We only specializes in TSS (Trailer-Space-Sharing) long haul, open deck trucking. We are proficient in hauling machines, large tools and equipment along with other double-drop, step-deck, and flatbed freight. Our trucks operate from coast to coast as well as Ontario and Quebec.
As a family-owned company, we promote a family atmosphere that creates a true connection between drivers, dispatchers, yard crew, mechanics, and support staff. We are 100% committed to safety which is why our Fleet Department performs all preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment, not drivers.
*/*/*/*/*/ Here's a glimpse behind the scenes at Kaiser... https://youtu.be/GYLYFLvzFp4*/*/*/
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR FAMILY?
If you feel that you would fit into our family, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro