Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans.
Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We serve 9.1 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health.
Apply Online at: https://kp.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=732104Job Description
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for utilization review, discharge planning and transitions in care, in collaboration with MAPMG rounder in acute or alternative settings of care.
- Utilization Review. According to department policy, procedure and protocols, consistently apply and verbally communicate approved utilization review criteria and guidelines for services delivered in acute or alternative care settings.
- Eligibility and Benefit Verification. Confirm eligibility status and ensure the appropriate administration of benefits in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assessing Right Venue of Care with Hospitalist. Collaboration with Hospitalist to assess the appropriate level of care for patients (i.e., Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Tele Unit, TCU, ICU) and post- (Home, Continuum or Community-based Services) hospitalization.
- Coordination of Care. Driving patient care plan through assuring daily plan is executed, and management of transitions and post-hospital care.
- Effective Discharge Planning. Prompt, clinically appropriate discharge planning beginning at time of admission.
- Variance Management. Timely steps in identification of delays in throughput, escalation to correct delays, and recording delays to identify patterns and trends that will require corrective actions.
- Quality Screening. Demonstrate competency to assess all aspects of care across the continuum for variations from quality and utilization standards.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
This position is for a Pediatric Patient Care Coordinator therefore pediatric experience is highly preferred, 10 hour shifts to include every other weekend and holidays at Children's Hospital Center.
- Two (2) years of experience in acute hospital utilization review or equivalent required.
License, Certification, Registration
- RN License in jurisdiction where assigned required
- BLS certification required.
Apply Online at: https://kp.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=808667
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.