The Medical Lab Technician has limited authority to complete SOPs for all lab testing performed. All deviations from testing procedures will be evaluated by the Medial Technologist (MT), department manager or pathologist. This is a multi-tasking position that requires performance of pre-analytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of laboratory testing procedures up to and including A, B & C level testing; face to face and telephone customer service; computer data entry and retrieval, workplace cleanliness and maintenance. Includes responsibility for documentation of all activities, monitoring supplies, and compliance with all regulatory protocols related to safety and lab testing.
- A, B, & C level testing procedure(s) as defined by KFHPW laboratory system encompassing pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases. Quality control and quality assurance procedures and activities. Instrument and test maintenance and troubleshooting. Specimen processing. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of practices and equipment used for job assignments. Recognizes and can respond appropriately to abnormal test conditions.
- Computer Data Entry & Retrieval - Test accessioning, information lookup and resulting.
- Helps resolve problems and answer technical questions. Serves as a frontline resource to the laboratory's customers. Assists in the maintenance and updates of laboratory procedure manuals. Test method evaluations, validations and implementation.
- Other duties may include: Performing EKGs, computer data entry and look up, phlebotomy, may oversee the work of lab assistants & non- registered Techs to assure appropriate pre-analytic specimen preparation and B & C test performance.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous lab science experience.
- Completion of a lab technology program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Medical Lab Technician/Technologist certification or registration by date of hire/transfer.
- Understands and can use the principles of quality control and quality assurance in all phases of lab testing.
- Possess strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of current computer technologies.
- Experience as a Medical Lab Technician/Technologist/Specialist (MLT) in a clinic setting.
- Associate of Science degree in medical technology.
- Able to obtain ASCP registration shortly after hire/registration.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) (Temporary)
LOCATION: Renton, Washington
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.