Under direct supervision and within established scope of practice, assists in the provision of direct patient care by performing routine patient care procedures, technical & supportive functions in a medical office or clinic setting.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed health care providers following established clinical protocols, policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Assists assigned physician(s) and/or other health care professional(s).
- Performs routine clerical functions as assigned (i.e. making appointments, chart management, telephone calls, etc).
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by physician order and in accordance w/ KP guidelines.
- Assists medical personnel w/ procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Establishes and maintains systems for patient test results and follow-up.
- Provides basic information and assistance to patients under the direction of licensed personnel.
- Documents pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and patient responses, following established guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations w/ members, staff and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Pay Grade: 24
- Valid BLS card.
- Certified Medical
Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant or completion of accredited Medical
- Minimum one (1) year
of experience in medical assisting within the last five (5) years preferred.
- Computer and typing
- This is an on-call
position, days and hours may vary
- Primary function will
be Flu Clinic.
- Once Flu Clinic closes,
this position will also cover Primary Care, Specialty and Urgent care including
WH Outlying clinics: Erwin, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Porter
- Must be available to
work between the hours of 8a-9p, one weekend a month, the days before and after
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Woodland Hills, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.