Under the general direction of the Pharmacy Leader, is responsible for the management of all aspects of Inpatient Pharmacy Services at one or multiple locations. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services, Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Pharmacy Leader with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.
- Assists the Pharmacy Leader with the development and implementation of CA Division pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance quality, improve member service and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Provides leadership and direction to pharmacy department supervision, lead personnel and staff including hiring, evaluating and coaching.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures that the department(s) business plan integrates with the Service Area and CA Division Pharmacy Services Business Plan Accountable for department(s) fiscal outcomes.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, Pharmacy Service Manager, and Pharmacy Leader to implement quality management programs.
- Accountable for location(s) pharmacy's quality, service and fiscal outcomes.
- Responsible for Inpatient Pharmacy activities, performance measurements, and regulatory compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, standards, TJC, OSHA, Divisional & Departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements.
- Responsible for personnel management activities (e.g. recruits, hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate exempt and hourly personnel.)
- May coordinate Inpatient Pharmacy Services and/or Home Infusion Pharmacy Services within a Service Area.
- Patient Safety: Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety standards and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of health care to our patients, including but not limited to: TJC, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog. See Patient Safety Management Accountabilities Addendum for job specific accountabilities.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/management experience (in a comparable pharmaceutical setting)
- Degree in pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California.
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation , and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and others through influence and collaboration in single and/or multiple pharmacies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge Inpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Pharm.D (preferred) degree in Pharmacy.
- PR# PEM-7924
- Position requires occasional travel to KPMCP and non-KPMCP locations for meetings, trainings, etc.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Director Inpatient Pharmacy (PEM-7924)
LOCATION: San Diego, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.