Lead Software Engineer
Kairos Water, Inc Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Kairos is a fast growing, venture backed startup changing how multifamily, commercial, and mission critical properties detect, respond to, and mitigate water leaks. We are looking for a talented Lead Software Engineer to build and maintain the software application that will power Kairos hardware installed world-wide.
As the Lead Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for defining and shaping our system architecture (largely green field development of our software platform) and working with the Kairos team, clients, and partners to design and build an application that will:
- Securely handle user authentication and permissions
- Collect and store various sensor data reported from LoRaWAN devices in a time series database
- Transform collected data into various models for visualization to clients and partners
- Deliver information from the IoT application to partner platforms
- Visualize and control remote devices in the field from a mobile/web application
As Kairos continues to grow, you will be in charge of leading, mentoring, and driving the culture of other Software Engineers on the team. To be successful in this role, the applicant should have extensive experience building APIs from scratch and working with cloud infrastructure providers (preferably AWS). Bonus points if you have experience developing machine learning applications.
- Work directly with the CTO to plan the architecture and write code to implement the Kairos software product
- Collaborate with customers and other team members on requirements documents
- Generate design documents and communicate the architectural approach to the team
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines, and assign tasks to team members
- Participate in code reviews
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug code
- Mentor other software engineers
- Drive best practices and coding standards for the team
- Ensure software documentation is up-to-date
- Demonstrable experience as a full-stack software engineer, including API and front-end development.
- Experience implementing API security best-practices
- Strong experience with AWS (bonus points for Timestream, IoT Core, Cognito, or API Gateway)
- Technical expertise in software design, development, coding, testing, and debugging
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Experience working with clients and vendors
- BS in computer science or relevant work experience
About Kairos Water, Inc
Kairos’ commercial solution features a multifunction leak detection device (Noah™) and advanced water meter (Moses™) that work together to identify and mitigate catastrophic water events. Attached to Noah is a leak detection membrane that can sense a few drops of water where water should not be. These membranes are available in a variety of formats to fit any appliance, fixture, or space. The Moses™ water meter does more than measure water usage, it can detect large and small leaks and, if necessary, shut off water to a living space to avert catastrophic flooding.
Note: This role is a work-from-home position using teleconferencing tools. In-person all-hands meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Powered by JazzHR
Kairos Water, Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Kairos Water, Inc