Thermal Fluid Test Engineer
Kairos Power Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal of dramatically improving people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is seeking a highly motivated Thermal-Fluids Test Engineer with expertise relevant to design, construction, operation, data acquisition and control of integral effects tests for validation of thermal-fluids evaluation methods. In this role, you will contribute to the technology development program for the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR). The candidate must have knowledge of evaluation model validation, instrumentation and control, experiment design and construction, and experimental procedure development.
- Work with modeling engineers and safety analysts to comprehend and prioritize the needs for thermal-fluids integral effect tests
- Work with other test engineers, engineering technicians and machine shop employees to develop high-quality designs for thermal-fluids integral effect tests
- Work with engineering technicians and machine shop employees, fabricate, construct, assemble and operate thermal-fluids integral effect tests
- Maintain design control and quality assurance documentation during experiment design, fabrication, construction, and operation, including computer aided design models documenting as-built configurations
- Work with instrumentation and control engineers to develop software and methods for experimental control and data acquisition
- Develop procedures for experiment operation and data collection
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical, Nuclear or Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years industry or research laboratory experience desired
- Experience with control and data acquisition software, and instrument calibration, required
- Experience with computer aided design required
- Experience working in a laboratory or industrial environment on thermal-fluids testing preferred, along with experience using associated laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Experience with thermal-fluids analysis and modeling preferred
- Experience with developing experimental procedures, safety plans and reviews, and implementing quality assurance preferred
- Experience with producing drawings suitable for machining, fabrication and assembly preferred
- Experience with integral effects testing for nuclear industry preferred
- Experience directly or indirectly directing team of engineers is a plus
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning or removing objects up to 30 pounds in all directions.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, scissor lifts, articulated boom lifts and the like
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Outdoor environment or elements such as precipitation and wind
- Noisy environments
- Hazardous conditions
- High-concentration, demanding and fast paced.
- Autonomously driven and demanding atmosphere
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Manipulating, cleaning and disposal of hazardous materials
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Wearing proper PPE, to include face masks, face shields, gloves and safety shoes.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at Kairos Power