Piping Construction Specialist
Kairos Power Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power, is seeking a highly motivated Piping Construction Specialist responsible for performing and supervising hands-on piping construction operations for our reactor unit buildout. You will ensure all piping systems and components of the reactor unit are installed, assembled, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational and safety requirements.
- Build, assemble, fabricate mechanical components, parts, equipment and its subassemblies
- Install moving parts, bends tubing, test fittings and align tubing for pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Interpret blueprint reading, drawings, production software for various schematic layouts
- Direct construction related duties and provide direction on the planned activities including instruction of specific assignments based on resources and criticality to support engineering operation
- Lead a small team of contractors on all pipe assembly activities and responsible for daily coordination and project deadline management
- Oversee and manage the issuance of daily status updates to assure schedule adherence and report any deviations and/or recovery plan
- Implement, monitor, and control activities related to safety during the work of pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, initial operation, and performance testing
- 5+ years of hands on experience in plumbing PVC, galvanized SS pipes and fitting, routing hydraulic, pneumatic, water hose, tubes, and pipes
- Supervisory experience as a project management lead designing, building, and starting up industrial projects in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Refining, Aerospace, or equivalent high tech facilities
- Knowledgeable on effective operations of hoisting, rigging, lifting, and temporary placement of pipes greater than 50 foot vertically
- Machine operation experience: forklift, scissor lift, pipe grabs, cranes, pipe lifter and other pipe lifting equipment
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals
Physical & Environments Conditions
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, scissor lifts, articulated boom lifts and other related machinery equipment
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Operate motor vehicles, heavy equipment or machinery on a daily basis
- Repetitive assembly operations of manufacturing test fixtures and test setups in collaboration with engineering and manufacturing teams
- Work environment setting can be in high temperature, outdoor environment, hazardous conditions, small and/or enclosed spaces
- Wearing proper PPE, to include face masks, face shields, gloves, safety hat and shoes
- Working extended hours to support launch and critical project timelines
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at Kairos Power