Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal of dramatically improving people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Occupational health and safety technicians collect data pertaining to the health and safety conditions of the workplace. Technicians work with safety specialists in conducting tests and measuring hazards to help prevent harm to workers, property, the environment, and the general public.
Technicians will also conduct tests and collect samples and measurements as part of workplace inspections. For example, they may collect and handle samples of dust, mold, gases, vapors, or other potentially hazardous materials. The Technician will conduct both routine and special inspections that an occupational health and safety specialist orders.
The Technician will test and identify work areas for potential health and safety hazards. Technicians may examine and test machinery and equipment such as scaffolding and lifting devices to be sure that they meet appropriate safety regulations. They may check that workers are using required protective gear, such as masks and hardhats. Technicians also check that hazardous materials are stored correctly.
In addition to working to maintain employee health and safety, technicians work with specialists to Improve processes through procedure reviews and implementation.
- Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to chemical or biological hazards and excessive noise utilizing swipe tests and disciple meters.
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Inspect work environments to ensure safety.
- Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment.
- Prepare medical supplies or equipment for use.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Assist with planning and executing emergency response drills.
- Assist with developing and updating emergency procedures.
- Assist with improving and conducting health or safety training programs.
- Prepare or review specifications or orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Inspect fire suppression systems or portable fire systems to ensure proper working order; weekly
- Conduct safety audits and Inspect work environments to ensure safety.
- Maintain logbooks of daily activities, including areas visited or activities performed.
- Review records or reports concerning laboratory results, staffing, floor plans, fire inspections, or sanitation to gather information for the development or enforcement of safety activities.
- Advise team in regard to health or safety issues.
- Conduct interviews to obtain information or evidence regarding communicable diseases or violations of health or sanitation regulations.
- Assist with testing and/or balancing newly installed HVAC systems to determine whether indoor air quality standards are met.
- Test facilities for environmental hazards.
- Examine credentials, licenses, or permits to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in procedure writing, documented work in labs performing quality testing.
- 2+ years of experience in EHS.
- 2+ years of experience working in hazardous environments.
- Proven track record of safety.
- Knowledge of general health and safety practices.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.