Deputy IT Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Remote - Kaimetrix, L.L.C. is seeking a Deputy Project Manager to support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer located in Washington, DC, and Fort Detrick, MD. This position is considered a remote/telework position and may require occasional travel to the customer site.
The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for a team of Application Developers providing application development support using the DevSecOps framework and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) in an agile environment. The customer has approximately 30 custom applications that require maintenance, updating, or recoding.
The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the following:
- Provide technical and team leadership support in all aspects of software development lifecycle, including: planning, software architecture design, development, user interface design, front-end design and development, back-end development, testing, engineering, fielding and sustainment.
- Provide support in maintaining and developing an efficient, effective, and secure developing environment.
- Support the development and maintenance of the customer's public facing website redesign project.
- Support Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Provide technology refresh and application code modernization.
- Provide code documentation to allow for easy maintenance of code and for knowledge transfer.
- Update or rewrite applications to conform to the customer's modernization plan and be cloud compliant.
- Managing applications recently migrated to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Develop test cases and conduct/pass unit testing prior to submitting to the government for code scanning and testing.
- Assess the customer's current development lifecycle, development practices, development tools, and environment to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Reports to Project Manager.
- This role will perform additional duties as deemed necessary.
Deputy Project Manager Requirements:
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- At least 8 years of experience in application development
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience in a similar function
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: ColdFusion, Java, HTML5, PHP, Oracle Apex, and Jenkins
- Experience with DoD code scanning processes
- Familiarity with DevSecOps
Kaimetrix, L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We focus on continuous improvement resulting in the highest-level of customer satisfaction. This commitment is the foundation of our corporate culture and the following values:
People are the most critical success factor
Process must evolve through incremental changes
Improvements must be measurable based on performance
Continuous improvement is critical to long term success
Kaimetrix is an ISO 9001:2015 certified small-business federal contractor. Our focus is on delivering top technical talent to solve our customers most challenging requirements. With a culture of continuous improvement, we consistently achieve results that exceed expectations. Our professional services include: IT Service Management, Infrastructure Operations, Cyber Security, Software Development, IT Strategy, and Talent Acquisition/Consulting. We focus on continuous improvement resulting in the highest-level of customer satisfaction. This commitment is the foundation of our corporate culture and the following values: People are the most critical success factor Process must evolve through incremental changes Improvements must be measurable based on performance Continuous improvement is critical to long term success