Do you want to make a difference in children's life everyday? Join Kai Ming Head Start! Currently, Kai Ming is looking for experienced classroom personnel who can attend to the care and education of young children in a high quality setting to foster their school readiness of and establish a foundation for success in school and life.
This position is a preschool lead teacher position but will work at multiple sites at Kai Ming.
Job Summary: The Lead Teacher must be an appropriate role model for staff, parents and children. He/She is responsible for exhibiting good and respectful communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive attitude. The Lead Teacher will provide supervision, guidance and trainings to Assistant Teachers, Teacher Aides, Center Aides and Parent Volunteers on a daily basis and/or as needed. He/She must be capable of writing clearly and maintaining current documentation for each child. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the care and the development of children, supervising, teaching, implementing culturally relevant curriculum, and creating a developmentally appropriate classroom for children ages 3-5 years old with active participation of parents and other staff to meet the Head Start Performance Standards.
* Bachelor's degree (BA) in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field with a California Child Development Site Supervisor Permit, plus
* At least two (2) years of experience working with children 3-5 years as a teacher in a preschool classroom setting.
* Ability to take initiative, but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
* Ability to maintain highest levels of Health, Safety & Supervision of children.
Why work for us?
Are you looking for a workplace where employees are respected, valued and recognized?
Can you imagine working at the same company for 20+ years? Yes, we have staff who stayed with us for more than 25 years.
Are you a big fan of professional development? We are!
Want to check out our benefits?
• Competitive salary offering
• 100% covered medical, vision, dental, acupuncture, chiropractic and life insurance
• 100% covered medical plan for staff's young dependent(s) that are 26 years old or under• 15.00 % Employer-contribution retirement plan (no matching required)
• Medical Reimbursement Account
• 15.00 % Employer-contribution retirement plan (no matching required)
• Up to 24 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) annually
• $600/year Employee Self-Care Benefit (towards gym membership and recreation etc.)
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts (towards child care & medical)
Kai Ming, Inc. is also committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff. This is demonstrated through:
Reimbursement on Tuition and Books; Training Stipends; Advanced degree stipend per year; and more.