Perform maintenance on equipment used for manufacturing of K-Cup. Ensure all plant equipment is properly maintained to achieve efficiency and productivity levels required to meet customer demands. Instruct other Mechanics.
Develops and implements preventive maintenance procedures with frequency schedules. Hands-on mechanical maintenance on various filling machines and other equipment utilized in the plant.
- Reviews production schedule and equipment proactively to enhance line efficiency.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to Plant Manager and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains building to include, but not limited, to the facility repairs, and clean machines and equipment.
- Uses scale, square, levels, miscellaneous power bench tools, wrenches, carpentry tools, etc., drive forklift.
- Maintains parts inventories ensuring equipment is operational.
- Works well with others, provides direction, and supports fostering a team building concept.
- Communicate with management, QC and production lead on equipment status and disposition.
- Maintain logbooks on machine repairs enabling shift to shift continuity.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience directly managing people.
- Manufacturing: 5 plus years required.
- Maintenance: 5 plus years required.
- Basic understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Welding experience – not mandatory, but a plus.