Portfolio Project Manager
- Expired: January 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kaeppel Consulting is in search of a Portfolio Project Manager for a client in San Antonio for a direct hire placement. The Project Manager will work with all projects to span the enterprise, to include process, procedures and remodels. This position is currently remote, due to Covid, but eventually will be a permanent hybrid position. The pay range for this position will be $115,000 - $125,000 plus a 15% bonus.
Purpose of the Position:
Manages all aspects of projects for the client company. Implements and promotes effective project management discipline across the company so key initiatives and projects can be executed to achieve efficient, timely, and cost-effective outcomes. Trains personnel in project management methodologies and tools. Develops metrics/reports to track and communicate progress relative to established goals and objectives. Responsible for managing medium to large scope projects that may impact a single or multiple business units/functional areas.
- Manage multiple projects and/or support program initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams to achieve desired goals within established timeframe.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities for projects through the development of project plans intended to accomplish goals and objectives within defined budget and timeframe.
- Coordinate and conduct project meetings; create and deliver agenda, meeting minutes and project artifacts.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- Track progress and prepare project status reports against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators, and ensure consistent visibility for project and/or program teams.
- Assist with the selection, negotiation, and managing of all activities regarding external consultants or vendors.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define and establish a repeatable process that ensures a consistent project management approach and methodology.
- Stay abreast of relevant trends, emerging issues, best practices, alternative methodologies, and tools for achieving optimal results.
- Manage medium to large scope projects; Serve as a resource for project owners and sponsors. Support their efforts in developing appropriate project plans and management practices for their projects. Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: defining the overall scope of the project, creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities, identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts, putting mechanisms in place to set expectations and ensure ongoing control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, budget, etc.), define project governance outlining roles and responsibilities and decision rights.
- Evaluate existing project management processes in and across business units, and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers, improve efficiency and quality, optimize people resources and cost, and improve delivery/completion time.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project; Proactively communicate project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle.
- Develop communication strategies and materials to provide key stakeholders with ongoing insights about the status, issues through root cause analysis, risk identification/mitigation, and results of projects, as deemed appropriate to make effective, timely decisions and resolve issues.
- Work closely with business unit managers to provide feedback and recommendations for improvement, development, and enhancements.
- With input from key stakeholders, develop documentation, tools, processes, and reports to drive successful implementation of projects; Maintain project artifacts throughout the life of the project.
- Utilize necessary software solutions to produce documentation, project plans, and reports as needed to support and monitor project activities.
- Assists with the assessment and selection of vendors/solution providers and associated resources. In conjunction with procurement, manages the negotiation of vendor third-party contracts and helps ensure outside contractual services are provided to the bank per agreements.
- Cultivate and manage external vendor relationships.
- Serve as a liaison for IT and assist in periodic testing and implementation of new and existing applications and ensure that end-user documentation is up to date.
- Serve as a liaison and provide support in the planning and execution of digital and technology solution projects.
- Demonstrates strong, effective communication techniques (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, manage conflict and influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams to gain their cooperation and engagement for overall strategy and execution
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative and continuously evolving environments, think independently and operate with a sense of urgency and dedication to quality
- Demonstrated aptitude to drive results and change across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on a mix of analysis, experience, and judgement
- Strong technical, organizational and problem-solving skills, capacity and competence to understand complex business problems and can effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and coordinating people and resources
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion and manage in ambiguity or without direct oversight
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and at or under budget
- Financial industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience managing increasingly complex projects
- Experience and advanced knowledge of standardized project management tools and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
- 4-year college degree in business related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent desired
- Preferred: PMP Certification, Six Sigma Certification
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and other project management software
- Experience with Fiserv core and technology solutions preferred
- Experience with implementing technology solutions and/or digital platforms across consumer, commercial and/or wealth management preferred
- 25% or less travel may be required to travel
The client company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The client company is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR
Kaeppel Consulting, LLC
AddressSan Antonio, TX
ConstructionView all jobs at Kaeppel Consulting, LLC