Senior Software Engineer - Magento
- Posted: over a month ago
Kadro is growing and is looking for an experienced Magento software engineer to join our rapidly expanding team. Candidates will be involved in all aspects of development and support of our customer's eCommerce Magento sites. Candidates will be involved in multiple projects and will work with end users, other developers, quality assurance (QA), business solution architects (BSA), project managers (PM), and support staff, all of which are onshore. This is a remote position (must reside in FL, NC or SC).
- Magento/PHP engineering including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support
- Develop custom integrations between Magento and third party software
- Install and configure first and third party extensions
- Requirements analysis and project estimation
- Define and document technical approaches
- Ensure best practices and perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot, debug and test issues
- Work directly with clients to provide technical direction and advice
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong background in object-oriented design, design patterns and industry best practices
- Experience with MySQL / MariaDB
- Proficient knowledge in object-oriented programming and web development
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with PHP IDE (preferably PHPStorm / JetBrains)
- Ability to juggle and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Experience with JS frameworks, preferably including (JQuery, Knockout, RequireJS)
- Minimum of 3+ years with Magento 2
- Magento Certification preferred
Languages and Tools:
- Kadro provides Magento front-end and back-end training for all new employees
- Development will be done in the LAMP stack supported by AWS infrastructure. Technology exposure will include VM and Docker containerization.
- Hosting providers include Adobe Cloud, Webscale, Nexcess JetRails, RackSpace and on-prem.
- All source code management is done using the Git-flow process.
- All database development done with MySQL.
- All task management will be done in Jira.
Benefits for full-time employees include*:
● Three Weeks Paid Vacation
● 12 Paid Holidays
● Personal Time/Sick Leave
● Company Paid Health, Dental and Prescription Drug Insurance for employee and family
● Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
● Employer-Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan
● 529 College Savings Plan
● Paid Magento certification exams, study material and bonus for certification
*Kadro Solutions Inc. reserves the right to change employee benefits at any time.
Founded in 2001, Kadro is a software services firm that delivers custom, innovative and enterprise-class software and managed services with a strategic focus on eCommerce, mobile, and custom web-based applications. We help our clients grow their business and tackle their most challenging technology problems. We serve clients ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to small business start-ups in a variety of industries.
Software solutions include:
● B2C and B2B eCommerce Websites
● Marketplace Integrations
● Custom Web Application Design and Development
Kadro Solutions provides a remote work-from-home workplace for all employees. Each software engineer utilizes a virtual development environment equipped with all of the software development tools needed for our software development projects. We follow an agile software development process. Please refer to our official workplace policy at https://kadro.com/careers/.
Kadro offers a variety of opportunities to interact as a team via local social gatherings, food truck events, quarterly Lunch & Learn sessions and virtual games.
Required Work Authorization:
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
Kadro Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Kadro Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Kadro Solutions