Kadlec Regional Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Respiratory Care Practitioner to join our growing Respiratory Therapy team located in Richland, Washington!
Shift Details: Part Time, 0.6. Variable shifts.
About our Respiratory Therapy Services: An integral part of our NICU, ICU, Emergency Department, Pediatrics, and adult Acute Care units, our Respiratory Therapy Services staff have the opportunity to participate in many house-wide initiatives for patient care. Additionally, our Respiratory Therapists operate a growing pulmonary function lab which includes metabolic and exercise stress testing. Neurodiagnostic Services are available to both inpatients and outpatients of all ages, and our Certified Asthma Educators offer asthma education free of charge. Home sleep studies are a nice alternative to the traditional sleep lab, and are now available through our Healthplex. In 2013, Kadlec Regional Medical Center Respiratory Department was recognized as one of the Best of 2013 Respiratory Care Departments in the nation by RT Magazine.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy.
- One (1) year experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in an acute care medical setting preferred.
- Current WA State Respiratory Care Practitioner Licensure required.
- CRT or RRT required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required.
- ACLS, PALS, NALS (or ENCP in place of NALS) or NRP required within 12 months of employment or after assigned to population.
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited educational institution preferred.
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Additional specialty certification preferred.
- Prefer bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills.
As a Respiratory Care Practitioner you will be responsible to see that all procedures are carried out according to the physician's orders, with the best care and interest of the patient in mind, and performs related duties as assigned. Based on skills and abilities, will be assigned to cover specialty units, transports, general care and pulmonary function lab.
- Performs routine and non-routine procedures.
- Reviews patient chart and physician's orders; sets up equipment, dispenses medications and administers care; e.g., oxygen therapy, airway management, resuscitation, mechanical ventilation, ECG's, arterial/venous puncture and blood analysis and pneumocardiograms.
- Responds to medical emergencies, including but not limited to, cardiac/respiratory codes, rapid assessment teams, high risk deliveries and trauma within the Medical Center.
- Documents on the patient's chart all contacts, care given, supplies and equipment used.
- Instructs new patients and caregivers in treatment modalities.
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree (Planetree.org) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer". Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Req ID: 221898