Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Staff ( Post CV Intervention Unit , Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alask a. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Critical care nurses are some of the most in demand nurses in the field. That's because not everyone can handle life and death situations with the compassion and accuracy required of this specialty area. No one recognizes this more than the critical care team at Providence Alaska Medical Center. Offering multi-dimensional care with 20-ICU beds, 9-Cardiovascular ICU beds, 8-Cardiothoracic ICU beds, and an Electronic ICU, we invite you to stand alongside an elite team supporting the largest trauma hospital in Alaska. We serve a diverse patient population in a hi-tech environment to include intra-aortic balloon pumps, CRRT, and VADs. Known for high quality care in areas such as heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and infection prevention, you will have the resources to become well versed in all areas of critical care.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Certifications required at time of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardio Life Support (ACLS)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at the Alaska Medical Center
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification
- 1 year of experience as an RN in a Critical Care environment
The Critical Care Unit is a specialized unit with 37 beds between ICU, CICU, and CTICU. We hold a high standard of care and are on the road to Magnet status. In December 2014, we received a "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures' recognition, from The Joint Commission. Additionally, we are a self-governing unit, including self-scheduling, shared governance, and patient-centered care.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 252020