Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant (PMG Palliative Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for physician encounter.
- Take vital signs as indicated, record chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Assist providers with managing and primary triage of clinically related phone calls including answering phone calls, faxing, returning phone calls.
- Provide basic patient education regarding prescription usage, End of Life Issues, lifestyle education for wellness under the direct supervision of a clinician.
- Schedule appointments, triages referrals to the palliative care team and responds to patient messages.
- Perform patient follow-up as directed by the physician.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a medical assistant program
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant
- 2 years of clinical experience
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 245970