Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant - Float (Primary Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for provider encounter.
- Take vital signs as indicated, recording chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Perform procedures such as ear lavage, tympanogram, audiogram, administration of medications, EKG, vision screening, dressing changes and finger stick blood glucose testing under the direct supervision of the provider.
- Assist providers with procedures such as minor surgical procedures, IUD insertions, orthopedic casting/splinting, pelvic exams, signoidascopy, biopsy and colposcopy.
- Provide basic patient education including prescription usage, immunization information, STD education, lifestyle education for wellness under the direct supervision of a provider.
- Answer telephone and disburse callers in a friendly, prompt and accurate manner.
- Provide accurate information or takes messages when appropriate.
- Retrieve and disburse messages from answering service/machine and facsimile machine.
- Schedule, cancel, reschedule and confirm office visits according to office scheduling procedure.
- Track and recall patients when appropriate for chronic care follow-up and preventive care visits.
- Maintain and update current information on provider's schedule.
- Assist provider in keeping to the schedule in order to minimize patient wait times.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a medical assistant program
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- 2 years of clinical experience
- Knowledgeable on commonly used medications and their effects.
- Knowledgeable on medical terminology and equipment
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 247942