Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Susitna Cottage, Evening Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Function actively in a self-managed work team to coordinate daily care tasks, life engagement, and care of the household.
- Perform under the supervision of a licensed nurse (RN or LPN) at all times and also receives direction from the Dietary Manager related to dining services.
- Demonstrate understanding of and carries out individual resident's care according to Standards of Care and the Residents Daily Care Plan.
- Record vital signs, weights, bowel records, meal intake, admission paperwork, and other required documentation.
- Work with new Nursing Assistant orientees and with CNAs unfamiliar with facility routines or the Resident-directed, Cottage Model of Care.
- Function as an active member of the self-managed work team to coordinate daily care tasks, ensure continuity of care/care givers, promote quality of life, and address the plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must hold a current State of Alaska CNA certification.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association upon hire or the ability to accomplish within thirty (30) days of hire required.
- Municipality of Anchorage food handler permit or the ability to attain certification within 21 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care-giver
About the Ministry you will serve
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.