Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician - Per
KabaFusion Huntsville, AL
- Expired: July 03, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join an exciting and innovative company that puts the “care” back in healthcare!
KabaFusion is a home infusion company with 19 pharmacies and the ability to service 40+ states. While we are known for our expertise in IVIg and SCIg, we also provide acute infusion and nutritional services.
Where KabaFusion truly excels, is in its approach to patient care and positive clinical outcomes. With our dedicated and highly skilled staff, we are able to employ a multi-disciplinary approach to the continuum of care for those patients transitioning to the comfort of their home.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist(s) in storing, preparing, dispensing, reconciling, and charging of all medication to patients serviced by the pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist(s) in maintaining an adequate drug inventory and quality control procedures. The Pharmacy Technician shall work under the direct supervision of a licensed registered pharmacist and shall only perform activities that follow the State Board of Pharmacy practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists pharmacist in organizing the pharmacy workload.
- Performs prescription/order data entry, generates prescription labels, compounding documents and delivery slips under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Compounds and otherwise prepares pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment under the direct supervision of a pharmacist as allowed by state and federal law and in accordance with USP 797, company policies and accrediting entity standards.
- Cleans, tests, maintain and track pumps and other infusion equipment as requested.
- Performs and records various quality control activities including air sampling, bacterial counts, and Steri-Testing. Reports all “positive” results to the pharmacy supervisor immediately.
- Ensures the clean room suites and related equipment are cleaned and maintained per organizational policy and procedure, USP 797, USP 800 and state and federal regulations.
- Proactively manages patients' medication/supply/equipment inventory needs by communicating with patient or responsible party prior to filling anticipated needs. Maintains refill/follow-up schedule/calendar as appropriate.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- Current and violation free Pharmacy Technician Licensure or Certification as required by State law in the state requesting employment.
- Minimum 3 years of sterile compounding experience
HealthcareView all jobs at KabaFusion