Patient Care Coordinator
- Expired: July 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join an exciting and innovative company that puts the “care” back in healthcare!
KabaFusion is a home infusion company with 19 pharmacies and the ability to service 40+ states. While we are known for our expertise in IVIg and SCIg, we also provide acute infusion and nutritional services.
Where KabaFusion truly excels, is in its approach to patient care and positive clinical outcomes. With our dedicated and highly skilled staff, we are able to employ a multi-disciplinary approach to the continuum of care for those patients transitioning to the comfort of their home.
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for handling every day administrative tasks required to ensure smooth operation and assisting the nursing department with patient scheduling, obtaining clinical notes and physician documents. They will assist with other duties within the company as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staffs new cases by scheduling nurses to meet patient infusion schedule needs.
- Transfers referral data to selected Nurse.
- Sources and schedules nurses for ongoing patient visits.
- Enters all scheduling data into computer system in a timely manner and ensures that data is accurate and complete.
- Electronically records data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting.
- Identifies any missing documentation in the medical record to supervisor.
- Initiates patient entry and maintains patient visit schedules in Clinician Visit Log, matches to nursing notes and confirms in system.
- Obtains incoming outsourced agency nursing notes and invoices to match up dates and times, enters Patient Care Management System and forwards to QA Nurse for review.
- Assists with sending out physician plan of treatment and free form orders for signature and tracks for return, works with sales representatives to obtain timely signature as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in scheduler/coordinator position with a home health agency or infusion pharmacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer software knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Detail oriented with ability to work in an organized and methodical manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to proactively manage multiple priorities.
HealthcareView all jobs at KabaFusion