The Senior Designer will work in collaboration with a team of creative specialists (including other print and web designers, copywriters, and social media experts), and under the guidance of a creative manager to define and implement brand in a variety of print and web-based media. Lead the charge in brand and communication design for highly visible health plan products and services from concept to completion. Maintain corporate style guide and brand design standards from print ads and collateral pieces, to websites and social media graphics. Lead pre and post production of photography, artwork and design files. Manage design production process, infrastructure, equipment and software.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create, layout and design print and web-based communication materials using software, including but not limited to Adobe; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop utilizing Mac and PC environments.
2. Effectively translate business needs into actionable design requirements for creative team execution; responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
3. Maintain a pulse on the digital landscape and relevant creative work across web, social, mobile and digital signage
4. Promote continual creative improvement and innovation as trends change. Continually improve processes/workflow and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability Ensure deadlines are met in a fast paced environment
5. Responsible for creation, design and production of all brochures, collateral, posters, flyers, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, websites, e-flyers, flash banners, sales materials, online forms and interactive pieces.
6. Supports and protects the brand and brand guidelines in all activities.
7. Create, design and produce themed promotional materials for trade show pre and post event-marketing programs. Develop and maintain internal and customer facing presentations.
8. Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the company’s business objectives
9. Functions as the in-house graphic design resource for marketing campaigns, both online and print.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a designer or creative lead for marketing, advertising and design.
• Previous management experience preferred.
• Ability to act as a consultant to internal business partners.
• Experience managing vendors and working collaboratively with Advertising and PR agencies.
• Experience with layout, typesetting, and e-graphics.
• Proficient Graphic Design skills in Mac and PC environments.
• HTML experience, a plus.
• Experience in Creative thinking and content execution.
• Ability to write and conceptualize design.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and Power Point, Studio, Adobe.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Digital Arts or related field or an additional six (6) years of related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements.