Purpose of the job
At ProCat, a wholly owned subsidiary, we age and test catalytic converters using customer supplied test stand and vehicle procedures. Employees set up engines, dynamometers, and other equipment for engine based catalyst aging and vehicles emission measuring equipment for EPA related chassis roll testing. Designing and validating new equipment and new testing occurs daily at ProCat to keep our company on the forefront of testing viability and responsiveness. As a Test Technician, you will be responsible for performing the set up, execution and tear down of all test activities. In addition, you may have responsibilities associated with the ongoing maintenance and possible repair of various test facilities and/or equipment.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
• High school education is required,
• Minimum of 5 years related testing experience desired
• Work experience with engines, mechanical systems, test systems is desired
• Must be computer literate, familiar with basic MS Office Suite tools, mainly Excel, Word and Outlook
• Perform the set up, execution and tear down of Catalyst Aging tests or Vehicle Emission tests as required
• Collect, document, assess in-process test data as directed.
• Monitor and adjust in-process test parameters as required.
• Responsible for the repair and maintenance and calibration of various mechanical equipment, including:
o Engine and/or Chassis Roll Dynamometers
o Test Cell and/or Dyno controllers
o Welding and pipe fabrication
o Routine vehicle and/or Engine maintenance
o Vehicle exhaust system components
• Must be able to utilize general shop equipment, e.g. band saw, drill press, grinders and power hand tools.
• Work in a safe manner and adhere to all safety regulations and site requirements
• Perform tasks per the schedule as directed
• Demonstrate a team oriented demeanor conducive to ProCat
• Maintain a good attendance history
• Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
• Interact effectively within the team and workgroup
• Must have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills