his position will have primary responsibility of supporting the Polymer Laboratory.
• Executing all facets of development and applications testing including:
o Operation of laboratory scale solvent and water phase polymerization reactors
o Preparation of chemical solutions and reaction preparations
o Screening application requests and communicating with requestors to clarify needs.
o Timely entering, updating and closing projects in a database.
o Generating consistent, reliable data and interpreting it.
o Communicating interim and final results in appropriate detail via written reports, emails, phone calls.
o Preparing project materials for shipment to colleagues and customers.
o Maintaining an archive of project materials.
• Maintaining and operating testing equipment & instruments.
• Measuring physical properties of specimens using viscometers, particle size analyzers, rheometers and other instruments.
• Generating ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
• Authoring and/or updating procedures.
• Maintaining neat and organized lab common spaces including project files.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• A Bachelors or Associates degree in science (preferably Chemistry) or 5+ years relevant experience is required. Recognized Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
• Must be capable of working in a structured environment where activities are governed by written procedures.
• Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self motivation. Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
• Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on an individual basis.
• Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Controls hardware and software experience is a plus.
• Experience with polymer processing and testing equipment is desirable.
• Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be highly organized, flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Good mechanical aptitude is desirable.
• Qualified individual will be capable of full shifts of light physical activity, full days of desk work and combinations of both.