This position is accountable for assisting in the day to day operations of the plant. Key emphasis will be placed on operating equipment to remove lint from the bulk seed and separating the culls from the finished seed. Additional emphasis will be placed on safety, repairs and maintenance, and reliability.
• Operating the plant delinting equipment.
• Monitor dryer temperatures and delinting equipment.
• Maintain the seed cleaning equipment.
• Maintain seed quality.
• Monitors the waste products discarded from the cleaning operation.
• Record measurements taken during the shift as directed by the Plant Supervisor.
• Assist the Plant Supervisor as directed.
• Monitoring acid concentration on seed.
• Monitoring quality of seed. (Immature, cracks, seed color, and etc.) Monitor cleaner and gravity tables to desired setting.
• Assist as needed in packaging area.
• Pour up of carryover seed in a timely manner to insure packaging line does not shut down due to seed not being available for treating.
• Inspection of each lot being poured up to insure there is no cross contamination of mixed varieties.
• Assist in other areas of the site as needed. (Seed returns, shipping of finished goods, and etc.)
• Other duties as directed by management.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices.
• Follow all OSHA rules and regulations for safety compliance.
• Equipment Repairs
• Working with others
• Stacking bags
• Mechanical abilities
• Communication skills
• Must be capable of handling 50lb bags if needed