Temp to Hire
Responsible for defining and executing the production order schedule for service repair kits that will be sent to the field. The role is also responsible for supporting the service repair team by leading continuous improvement projects that help achieve customer and business targets, while driving strategic improvement projects through new processes, floor space layouts, technologies, tools, and equipment.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensure appropriate production schedules, cycle-time, equipment performance, in support of service kit production targets
- Evaluate resources and communicate with leadership and peers
- Collaborate with warehouse, logistics, and materials management team to ensure all material is available to meet customer commitments and expectations in the repair work shop and kit cells
- Define, monitor, and update KANBANs used in areas of responsibility
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and implement improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- Create work plans and cost estimates of projects and ensure quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering/science field
• Should be able to work with a multidisciplinary approach in problem solving and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work independently and structurally, as a team player and under pressure.
• Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated, customer oriented, multi-tasking, resilient
• Successful at managing multiple priorities and tasks
• Knowledge of MS Office applications
• Good verbal and written communications skills in English
• 2-5 years of experience
• Experience in an assembly environment
• Knowledgeable in work scheduling and planning
• Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts and has taken Six Sigma Green Belt training
• Experience with SAP
• Basic understanding of CAD (Autodesk/AutoCAD preferred) - and practical use in designing production layouts
Standard business hours; M-F, 40 hrs/wk