Paint Mix Room (PMR) Operator
JOB FUNCTION – REQUIREMENTS
FUNDAMENTAL PURPOSE - Assist in the day to day operation of the automotive customer paint mix room. Transfer and movement of paint and other mix room related materials. Monitoring and adjustment of paint as necessary.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES –
Paint Mix Room (PMR) Operator
1. Responsible for complying with all environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) guidelines as defined in Safe Operating Practices (SOP’s), Safety Programs, and Conduct Protocols..
2. Unload incoming materials. Follow set operating procedures and S.O.P.’s. Monitor pumps and filters. Clean equipment.
3. Operate fork truck and/or pallet jack to unload incoming materials – totes and pails.
4. Reposition totes and pails under agitation (requires lifting 35 pounds frequently and lifting 75 pounds occasionally and raising to a height of 18 inches).
5. Monitor and manage inventory levels of paint, and all other miscellaneous mix-room related materials (additives, reducing solvents...) Ensure adequate stock is on-site and ordered as needed.
6. Computer skills are needed to log data, analysis of data, and report writing.
7. Communications of issues-both internally and to the customer.
8. Maintain cleanliness inside and outside of Mix Room
9. Viscosity, temperature, resistivity (solvent) testing
10. Make adjustments to paint as needed
11. Inspections and checks on pumps and filters
12. System cleaning (pig-able system, ring pipes, tanks) when required
13. Daily waste management and paint returns of internal hazardous waste storage - Be able to store, label, inventory, and secure hazardous waste in the proper containers.
14. Facilitate lab testing for full analysis when required
15. Handling of solvents
16. Perform other duties as required
Requires: Required: High School Education with mechanical aptitude. Good basic math skills and analytical reasoning.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
Pre-paid legal plan
Identity theft plan
Medical and dependent FSA
Paid time off
Opportunity for advancement
Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
• An INC 5000 company for 10 years
• Corp! Michigan Economic Bright Spots
• Crain’s Detroit Business Top Staffing Service Companies in Detroit
• TechServe Alliance Excellence Award- IT and Engineering Staffing & Solutions
• Best of MichBusiness winner in HR Wizards & Partnerships
• Metro Detroit Elite Category: Recruitment, Selection & Orientation for 101 Best & Brightest
• 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Michigan