Senior Business Analyst
- Expired: September 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The team is seeking an experienced business analyst who has demonstrated ability to perform detailed requirements analysis from a people, process and technology perspective, with a razor sharp focus on the customer. A successful candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer why? questions, and are passionate about using data to drive decision making.
KYM Advisors is seeking a Business Analyst to help our Federal client in facilitating and maturing a Data Analytics program within an Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This is an exciting opportunity to affect change, and to be a valued addition to our team providing support in the Washington, DC/Camp Springs, Maryland area.
* Apply common best practices to bridge the gap between technical subject matter experts and the business to enable the data analytics team to better assess processes, define requirements, and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
* Engage with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, and software can improve efficiencies and add value; clearly articulate ideas but balance expectations against whats feasible and reasonable.
* Run requirements elicitation and analysis sessions to collect, validate, and prioritize requirements to ensure the customer's needs are accurately captured, understood, and delivered in a communicable format.
* Create and maintain requirements documentation repositories and assist with documentation related to requirements processes; assist with technical writing responsibilities as necessary.
* Identify process inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the teams ability to support/meet organizational goals and work with the organization to analyze, and redesign if necessary, processes; as a member of a project team, assist with the analysis and implementation of process improvements.
* Coordinate project activities and communications among diverse groups of internal and external clients and team members; facilitate change management at all levels.
* Create conceptual process models and identify relevant issues and considerations in selecting business or technical solutions; identify alternative solutions and communicate alternatives analyses.
* Help facilitate the direction and strategy for project engagements while ensuring the business needs are being addressed and technical teams are supported.
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or related technical or functional discipline
* 5+ years experience in Business Analysis for IT, data analytics, or related projects
* Due to COVID-19, certain on-site client work has been suspended until further notice, however, on-site work may be required on a case-by-case basis for this position
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
* Current DHS clearance or prior government agency security clearance strongly preferred
* Proactive mindset, reliable, and organized; can effectively manage ones own time among competing priorities preferred
* Federal government consulting and/or contracting experience preferred
* Experience working within an Agile and/or Scrum environment preferred; JIRA/Confluence experience preferred
* Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or other relevant certifications nice-to-have
* Experience with advanced analytics solutions (data science, machine learning, data modeling, etc.) including infrastructure (e.g., data engineering) nice-to-have
* Experience in an environment using leading data science and machine learning platforms (Databricks, SAS, Anaconda, Alteryx, etc.) nice-to-have
* Consulting experience at large consulting firm (e.g. Booz Allen Hamilton, Deloitte, Accenture, Cap Gemini) nice-to-have
* Short-term Disability
* Long-term Disability
* Life and AD&D insurance
* 401K Plan with employer match
AddressCamp Springs, MD
BusinessView all jobs at KYM Advisors