Location: Richmond VA 23219
Contract: New Contract
Interview; In-Person Only
Clearance: None/ Permanent Resident/U.S. Citizen
Major Areas of Responsibility:
VDOT is seeking a senior .Net and SQL Server Developer who will be responsible for analyzing complex software requirements to design and develop high quality components for N-tier systems.
The Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
- Ability to develop web applications and backend services using C#, ASP.NET MVC, REST API, JQuery, and CSS. Responsible for the Design, development, and maintenance of database objects in SQL Server.
- Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Responsible for building and submitting change management requests
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
- In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Enforce standards and best practices.
- Participate in Agile SDLC.
- 2 years of experience in SQL deployments using SQL Server Data Tools (SDT) and Entity Framework and Entity Migrations.
- 7 years of experience with C# experience developing custom .Net applications (ASP.NET, MVC.NET, .NET Core, Rest API's, web services, Angular, etc.)
- 3 years of experience with ADO.Net and Entity Frameworks.
- 7 years of experience with T-SQL with SQL Server database.
- 2 years of experience with TFS/VSTS for purposes of source control and DevOps.
Highly Desired & Desired:
- 2 years of experience with SSRS / SSAS / SSIS and Crystal Reports (highly desired)
- 2 years of experience with knowledge in software change management and release management. (highly desired)
- 2 years of experience in writing PowerShell Scripts. (highly desired)
- 2 years of experience with deployment using Redgate. (Nice to have)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 5-7 years of experience to all required skills.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.