Tax Manager - Family Wealth Services
- Posted: over a month ago
- $135,000 to $160,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Tax Manager in Family Wealth Services – Full-Time
Who We Are
We are a growing public accounting firm (top 25 in Virginia, as measured by the number of CPAs on staff) with a great reputation in the business community, diversified practice and a high-tech work environment. We have received the ‘Best Places to Work’ designation from both Virginia Business magazine and Accounting Today and have been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post. We are an independent alliance member of BDO national accounting firm.
KWC specializes in providing tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services for privately held businesses, individuals, estates, trusts, nonprofit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Our diverse client base includes industries such as professional service firms, government contractors, nonprofits, real estate, construction and specialty contractors, and healthcare providers.
We offer a highly-competitive compensation package, excellent opportunity for career growth/promotion, flexible work schedules, ability to work remotely, work-life balance and a great team environment, where people care about each other and recognize each other’s achievements on a regular basis. Founded in 1983, we are a well-run firm, consistently recognized as a top workplace by our staff members.
Benefits We Offer
KWC offers a competitive compensation package with benefits that include health, dental and vision coverage, 15 days of PTO to start, 12 paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with 3% contribution each year, and company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include free parking, flexible summer hours, with some ability to work remotely. Meals and snacks are offered during the tax busy season. “Dress for your day” is the business casual attire chosen by staff, based on the daily schedule. Flexible work schedule is also available year round.
We are currently seeking an experienced Tax Manager for our Alexandria, Virginia office. The Tax Manager will work exclusively in our Family Wealth Services group providing high-net worth individual and fiduciary income tax, gift and estate tax compliance and planning. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to serve clients with their tax and financial needs. The successful candidate will be a self-starter capable of working directly with firm principals and client contacts. An ability to communicate clearly on complex matters both orally and in writing is very important.
- Lead and manage client relationships with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, consulting, etc.
- Build relationships to ensure excellent client service through an integrated service approach
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Train and develop staff members
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- CPA or EA required
- Tax technical expertise in high-net worth individual and fiduciary gift and estate
- 5+ years of experience in area of high-net worth individual and fiduciary income tax, gift and estate tax compliance and planning
- Prior experience serving in a supervisory capacity required
- Ability to work with principals and staff from both Alexandria and Richmond offices
- Capable of supervising, scheduling and training a team of multiple lower level tax professionals
- Executive-level demeanor and ability to serve as the firm’s main contact with client management and staff
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships, including prompt handling of client inquiries and requests
- Strong decision-making skills based upon thorough research and critical analysis
Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time position, but reduced off-season hours are possible for the successful candidate
Other skills / abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough and organized
- Professional image and positive attitude
- Team player that wants their voice heard and is receptive to constructive feedback
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to work in a paperless environment
- Physical Requirements: Sitting: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel: Occasional non-local travel may be required no more than 5-10% of the year, depending on your client base.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of boxes and/or paperwork up to 25 pounds.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KWC specializes in providing tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services for privately held businesses, individuals, estates, trusts, non-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Our diverse client base served includes industries such as professional service firms, government contractors, non-profits, real estate, construction and specialty contractors, and healthcare providers.
Our team is comprised of more than 100 employees with locations in Alexandria and Richmond, Virginia.
KWC Certified Public Accountants
5270 Shawnee RoadAlexandria, VA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?