Director, Design (Multi-Family Architecture)
- Posted: 10 days ago
KTGY is a full-service architecture, branding, interiors and planning firm specializing in residential, retail, hospitality and mixed-use environments. Our firm and our work are guided by a continuous focus on innovation, creativity, collaboration and a deep responsibility we feel towards enhancing communities and neighborhoods. Our architects, designers and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to create memorable destinations of enduring value.
KTGY’s LA office is seeking a creative, collaborative, and ambitious Director, Design to join the Concept Design Team. The Director, Design manages and coordinates activities of assigned design staff necessary for successful project completion. In addition, the director will be collaborating directly with the studio Principals.
Creative: The core of our work is urban infill and urban mixed use housing projects, including mid-rise and high-rise types. Our definition of “creative” includes recognizing constraints as opportunities for evolving design solutions. This position is with the front end of the design process, including initial concepts and entitlement – but creative engagement with projects throughout the design and construction process is required.
Collaborative: The large-scale projects we work on require a high level of collaboration, and we insist on challenging each other in a collegial manner to continuously search for better design solutions.
Ambitious: We’re a growth-oriented team and in search for a Director, Design with a growth mindset – as much interested in workflow organization and mentoring in design quality. We are a team always asking, “is there a better way to do things” and in search for a candidate with the same mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the maintenance and development of the studio culture in a spirit of collaboration, openness, growth, and creativity.
- Responsible for the overall design quality of projects and collaboration within the studio.
- Review and approve design plans and provides design direction.
- Periodically review all projects to ensure that quality standards and design requirements are being adhered to.
- Work closely with other Directors across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy and facilitate its advancement in respective offices and across the firm.
- Conduct periodic and timely review of design documents.
- Conduct project review process within the studio.
- Ensure compliance with local building codes/agencies and sound planning and design principles.
- Establish continued educational environment within budgetary constraints that fosters continual design development of staff.
- Develop ways to organize and execute design development for the intent of increasing productivity, building skill level and eliminating duplication of efforts
- Participate in staff recruiting to help determine the technical skill levels of potential employees.
- Provide guidance, supervision, training and development of staff to ensure conformity with firm’s goals and policies.
- Support business development activities and seek to identify new work associated with existing projects and clients.
- Achieve successful results (schedule/budget) for the firm and the client through overall management techniques.
- Seek ways to improve and maintain the quality of service to our clients through our overall performance.
- Strive to achieve the firm’s financial goals.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed design sensibility
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability and willingness to delegate responsibility, work with others, and coach them to develop their capabilities.
- Advanced understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and/or REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- 4-year Architectural degree and/or combination of required education and experience.
- Licensed Architect (Preferred)
- Advanced understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes
- In depth knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them
As Part of the Team, You’ll Enjoy:
- Company paid medical, dental and vision coverage with buy-up options, basic life and AD&D upon enrollment day one
- 401k match with full vesting upon enrollment
- Professional Development Programs including continued education reimbursement and bonus’ on certain licenses
- Hybrid work schedule option flexibility
- PTO, and an Alternative Work Week option
- Wellness benefits and gym membership discounts
- Access to mental health and coaching resources
- Being part of a team that is passionate about supporting the success of our employees
The wage range that the Company expects to pay is $120,000 - $145,000.
To learn more about our work, visit our website below and follow us on Instagram @ktgygroup.
Residential Architects | KTGY | Architecture | Branding | Interiors | Planning
KTGY Group, Inc.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?