Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kanawha Scales & Systems is a leader in the weighing industry, dealing in scale distribution, sales, installation, calibration, service, systems integration and data collection, fabrication, parts, and material handling. They are looking to hire a full time Quality Assurance Manager. The company currently operates branches in 19 locations throughout WV, OH, KY, PA, TN, VA, and AL, and is aggressively expanding their operations through acquisitions. We also design and manufacture specialty bulk material weighing and loading systems and weight testing vehicles and equipment, some of which are manufactured in house, some through fabrication subcontractors and other suppliers.
About the role
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the activity of the existing quality management systems and work with the company’s management team to expand and continuously improve quality systems and processes through all operations of the organization, as well as through the supply chain. This position requires knowledge of ISO 17025, effective communication and leadership skills, and the ability to motivate others. Experience with ISO 9001 will be beneficial for our engineered production operations. Travel is required for this position.
- Manage the existing Quality Management Systems (ISO 17025)
- Continuously evaluate, improve, and communicate quality standards to branch level QA members, sales team, technicians, and other appropriate staff.
- Ongoing communication with management regarding related to company quality operations and issues
- Conduct quality training for compliance with the QMS
- Coordinate and run proficiency testing
- Lead internal audits; assume role of lead auditor
- Host external audits (customer and accreditor)
- Ensure all customer quality requirements are met for jobs and projects
- Maintain quality program records to customer satisfaction
- Maintain ongoing understanding of and compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies as they may relate to quality aspects.
- Assess and maintain communication with vendors and subcontractors regarding quality issues
- Maintain continuous improvement/non-compliance program logs.
- Manage and run preventive action program
- Work with management to develop and improve quality standards and processes for non-service aspects of the business (such as engineering, manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly operations), which may include ISO 9001 aspects, and oversee the compliance to developed quality standards
- Perform all other tasks related to the quality department not mentioned above.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- Knowledge of ISO 17025
- Knowledge of NIST Handbook 44
- Knowledge of quality control procedures and standard practices
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and related aspects to manufacturing processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and persuasion skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Calibration lab experience
- Ability to calculate measurement uncertainties
- Three to five years of experience in related field
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
What we offer
- Competitive Pay
- Great Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 100% Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- 401k with a company match
- Paid vacation, personal time and holidays
Proof of right to lawfully work in the United States required.We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
111 Jacobson DrPoca, WV
TechnologyView all jobs at KSS
Get fresh Systems Assurance Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.