WAREHOUSE CLERK/SHIPPING & RECEIVING
KSM Electronics Tamarac, FL
- Expired: July 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description SUMMARY OF POSITION Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment. Responsible for the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. Will arrange materials within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stock.
Perform such duties as daily labeling, picking, returns, packaging and distribution activities as well as unloading, palleting and storage of incoming goods in a timely and efficient manner. Conducts the counting of inventory material, equipment, merchandises or supplies in stock and post totals to inventory. Verify and keep records on incoming shipments, and preparing items for shipment.
Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments. RESPONSIBILITIES · Follow all KSM procedures pertinent to the warehouse. Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed.
· Maintain packing material inventory and let supervisor know when stock is low or depleted for reorder. · Package and ship material per the Handling, Storage, Packaging, Preservation and Delivery · Tag material when required for UL/CSA label service. · Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs.
Label boxes per customer requirements. · Pull and pack final inspected manufactured/VAD and distribution materials. · Verify material part numbers and quantity to packer.
· Update shipping log daily. Print daily sales receipts and cross-check with computer software to ensure accuracy. · Fill out shipping documents per packer requirements.
Process orders based on the preferred shipping system. Contact carrier and schedule shipping for each package. · Assist in loading finished material onto trucks when required.
Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and assist in distribution. · Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped. · Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
· File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or storage area. · Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding or shipping area. · Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
· Assist in counting of physical inventory. · May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed. · Fill out export declarations and get necessary documents from accounting for exporting material out of the country.
QUALIFICATIONS · At least 2-3 years of experience handling warehouse related activities; previous shipping/receiving experience preferred. · Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. · Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) · Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must be able to read, write and speak English · Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. · Ability to define problems and collect data.
Establish facts and draw valid conclusions. · Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. · High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment · Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
· Must possess valid Forklift certification per OSHA and/or local labor regulation standards
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at KSM Electronics