Experienced Cabinet Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
About KRM Companies
Based in the Des Moines metro, KRM Companies is a full-service kitchen and bath design studio that makes the process easy! Our mission is simple: create a unique experience that makes people happy.
As a team, we strive to embody our six core values: Accountable, Hardworking/Driven, Team Player, Positive Can-Do-Attitude, Understand the Value of Reputation and Continuously Strives for Perfection.
We’ve built a reputation of providing a unique and personable service, with a talented team that stays ahead of the trend. We are looking for high-quality team members to join our mission.
What You'll Do
The Designer will provide exceptional service to our clients and be on a first-name basis with them. We care about our clients and getting to know them is a critical part of our process.
You will assess their kitchen and/or bath project needs and support them throughout the process – this includes taking measurements, going over ideas for designs and providing purchase recommendations.
The Designer will have a sales goal to exceed as you will drive our sales to support our company’s goals.
Our ideal candidate will thrive while helping clients bring their kitchen and bath ideas to life.
- Be focused on designing, quoting, measuring, and coordinating with the customer throughout the sales process
- Servicing and maintaining an existing book of business
- Proactively pursuing and securing additional clients into your book of business
- Leveraging the 20/20 software for designing
- Assisting the customer with selections & design choices – present options, ideas, and help them to finalize decisions in a timely manner
- Managing the use of multiple cabinet lines – determining the correct fit for each customer based on their project needs
- Participating in establishing new product offerings
- Managing post-installation questions and concerns for each project
- Submitting orders to the vendors for both initial product and replacement parts, as necessary
- Ensuring product is delivered in a timely manner per the delivery schedule
- Working with a variety of clients, including new construction, remodeling, and professional designers
- Teamwork - work together with co-workers & vendors to ensure the customer needs are met
- Typical hours of Monday – Friday, but some evenings and weekends are required for customer meetings.
- Traveling to/from jobsites, vendor/subcontractor locations, etc.
- Daily communication, potentially handling emergencies during non-business hours.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- Existing book of business and proven sales and design consultation experience in the Kitchen and Bath industry
- Self starter
- Positive attitude and customer-focused
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organized & detail-oriented, yet adaptable to individual situations
- Driven to meet & exceed sales goals
- Degree in Interior Design, or related area preferred
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel, 20/20 Design
What You'll Love About KRM Companies
- Great Company Culture. We hire by core values, which allows us to live them every day.
- Health Benefits*. We offer medical, dental, vision and long-term disability coverage.
- Prepare for the Future*. We offer 401(k) with a company contribution (even if you don’t contribute).
- Our People. We hire the best people, and we think you’ll like them too.
- Generosity. We recognize hard work, and we spread the love. We reward our team regularly through our Cabinet Cash Program.
- Community Love. Our community makes it possible for us to be in business. We’ve created a Give-Back Program and you get a say in how we give back!
- Environment. We have a fast-paced culture and strive for continuous improvement. We operate through Traction, which allows us to constantly better ourselves.
*Eligibility period exists
KRM Companies is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
By submitting an application, you agree to the following:
“I hereby authorize KRM Companies or its authorized representatives, to conduct such inquiries as necessary to verify all information contained in my application for employment at KRM Companies.
Said inquiries will include verification of previous employment, education, criminal conviction record, and the procurement of a consumer credit report.”
ConstructionView all jobs at KRM Development