KPC Promise Hospital of Vicksburg: The Charge Nurse functions as an integral member of the nursing staff who is able to assess, plan and directly implement sound principles of nursing care. The Charge Nurse provides nursing supervision in the planning for and provision of nursing care to patients, and directs and evaluates care given by other licensed nurses and personnel. The Charge Nurse provides education, assesses needs, plans for, implements, evaluates and documents care being provided by nursing staff to each patient. The Charge Nurse is responsible both for nursing care directly provided by that nurse and the care provided by others under her/his supervision.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Must hold a current state license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing
3. Long term acute care and rehabilitation experience is preferred
4. Critical Care experience preferred; required for direct observation bed units
5. Must be able to read, write, and speak English
6. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 50% Standing - up to 25% Kneeling - up to 10%
Sitting - up to 50% Pushing - up to 10% Bending - up to 25%
Squatting - up to 10% Pulling - up to 10% Reaching - up to 35%
Lifting - up to 50lbs Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I - Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: B/P cuffs, stethoscope, syringes, IV pumps, feeding pumps, beds, scales, lifts, hyper/hypothermia units, glucose monitors, PCA pumps, suction equipment, ventilators, crash cart, miscellaneous medical equipment and DME, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printers, computers
CERTIFICATIONS: BLS certification, ACLS certification, Specialty Certification recognized, PICC Line Insertion Certification recognized