KPC Promise Hospital of Phoenix: The Nurse Educator will have strong leadership and education experience in order to assesses, design, present and coordinate hospital-wide educational programs, in-service, and orientation for designated nursing and non-nursing personnel. The Nurse Educator will also be responsible for the Employee Health Program, Coordinate daily activities for the department and notify employees due for injections and other employee health requirements, Administers and documenst all injections given through the Employee Health Department. Will audit and maintain employee health files, and tracks aggregating data for numerous reports. Additionally the RN Staff Educator is responsible for the direction of the infection control program. He/She interfaces with all departments/services and is responsible for identifying, controlling, and preventing outbreaks of infections in the facility. This is accomplished through the collection and analysis of infection control data; the planning, implementation, and evaluation of infection prevention and control measures; the education of individuals about infection risk, prevention, and control; the development and revision of infection control policies and procedures; the investigation of suspected outbreaks of infection; and the provision of consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
2. Must hold a current state RN license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing;
3. Bachelors Degree in nursing or equivalent required; Master’s degree highly desired;
4. Three to five years of progressively responsible nursing experience relative to the designated clinical services preferred.
5. Demonstrated leadership skills and a commitment to education as a methodology for promoting continuous quality improvement in the delivery of patient care and services.
6. Must be able to read, write, and speak English
7. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 15% Standing - up to 25% Kneeling - up to 5%
Sitting - up to 50% Pushing - up to 10% Bending - up to 15%
Squatting - up to 5% Pulling - up to 5% Reaching - up to 15%
Lifting - up to 50 lbs Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I - Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED:
B/P cuffs, stethoscope, syringes, IV pumps, feeding pumps, beds, scales, lifts, suction equipment, crash cart, glucose monitors, PCA pumps, ventilators, miscellaneous medical equipment and DME, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printers, computers
CERTIFICATIONS: Current ACLS, Current BLS RN, License