KPC Promise Skilled Nursing Facility of OVERLAND PARK: The SNF Nursing Assessment Coordinator (NAC) is responsible for coordinating the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process including completion of an accurate Minimum Data Set (MDS) and development of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care. Additionally, this individual will lead the daily Medicare Prospective Payment System (PPS) Interdisciplinary Team Meeting (ITM). These duties are to be performed in a timely manner consistent with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) guidelines and Integrated Health Services (IHS) Standards. This individual also establishes and maintains positive relationships with all members of the health care team.
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as possess good verbal and written communications skills.
· Must possess current nursing license required; BSN preferred
· Must have a minimum of five or more years direct hands-on nursing experience; two or more years long-term care experience preferred.
· Must have one or more years MDS/RAP experience preferred.
· Must be able to utilize both local and corporate resources in the execution of job
· Must be able to develop an adequate knowledge of state, federal and regulatory requirements
related to the job.
· Must be able to complete the IHS MDS competency within first 90 days of employment.
· Must also have a reliable source of transportation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 25% Standing - up to 25% Kneeling - up to 10%
Sitting - up to 80% Pushing - up to 10% Bending - up to 25%
Squatting - up to 10% Pulling - up to 10% Reaching - up to 35%
Lifting - up to 30 lbs Wrist/Finger Movement - up to 90%
Mental: Stress level: Moderate to High
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I- Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills and splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED:
Telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printer, computer, as well as, all appropriate tools of nursing trade.
CERTIFICATIONS: American Heart Association (or equivalent) - Basic Life Support, Class C